Monday, July 29, 2013

My biggest mistake is you


My mistake
I’ve made a lot of mistakes
But you…you were my biggest
From the beginning it was wrong
You cheated you lied but still I stayed
Always made me think I was wrong
Convincing me I needed you
Acting like you were the only one who understood me
I see now how full of shit you were
I always had doubts about us
I let you hurt me so many times
Gave you all the power
You made feel I was weak
Reminding how you saved me
Problem was I needed saving from you
You held me down
Keeping me under your thumb
Twisting who I was until I was lost
Conveniently you were always there to help find me
But it wasn’t me it was that you wanted
You just needed someone to cling to
I happened to be the stupid one for staying
You tore me down
Always pushing me to the edge
For a while I thought you were right
Didn’t think I could survive without you
Came to believe I wasn’t strong enough
But from you I learned a lot
You showed me how deceitful people can be
The way they will manipulate you for their gain
You put your fears on me
You were the one who couldn’t make alone
Cause since I left you behind
Things are getting better
I’m getting my life back
Taking back all you took from me
Making up for all those years wasted on you
So many times I tried to end it
But you always found a way to keep me there
Then one day you went too far crossed the line
 I realized that day it had to end
That there was nothing left
The only good thing that came from our union
Is my 4 beautiful children
In the end they are reason I stayed so long
So thanks for them

And fuck you for everything else 

No comments:

Post a Comment