Sunday, July 28, 2013

losing touch with reality

Losing touch with reality
Guilt burns in my stomach
Anxiety racks my bones
Fear runs through my veins
Confusion chaos races in my brain
Fighting for control of myself
Sometimes it feels like too much
It encompasses me
Enveloping me completely
I can’t see the way out
Just keep telling myself
It can’t last forever
Just hold onto what’s real
But those lines begin to blur
I start to lose sight of “real”
I feel eyes watching me
The voices start screaming in my head
Vision of impending doom are unrelenting
It gets harder to think or to feel
It seems like it will never end
Frantic there’s nowhere to run to
I can’t escape it
Try to ride it out another battle within
Feels like it gets worse each time
Harder to come back from
It drags me down deeper
Wondering how much worse it’s going to get
The highs the lows
This crazy ride of which there’s no way off
All I can do is hang on
But these feelings and thoughts are burning
Inside me hurting making me sick
So weak feeling completely out of control
Just want to sleep till it ends
Trying to function normally
But I’m barely able to function at all
Looking around at everything
Adding to the misery
Feeling so dysfunctional
Trying not see to think or feel these things
Wishing for numbness
Sense’s over acting
Sensitivity covers me all over
Everything seems to hurt
So overwhelming sucks the life out of me
I want to check out
Step out of life for awhile
Let this storm pass
Watch from the side lines
Instead of being tossed around
Sanity feels like a distant memory
Pressure builds inside
Feels like a knife twisting in my gut
Choking on the crazy
Try to convince myself I’m in control
But there is no control
So discouraging I thought I got past all this
Then I fall hard again
It’s never going to end
Always heading for a crash
I will never be any more than this…

This will be the end of me

No comments:

Post a Comment