Friday, August 16, 2013

the day she died a young woman's end

 A young woman’s end
The screech of tires of filled the air as the came up the street
Her friends yelling something’s wrong….her “friends” who she spent
All night doing drugs with and now there was something wrong with her
I ran to her house walked in the door
It is a sight that will forever be burned in my brain
There she was lying on the floor blue….
With saliva bubbling out of her mouth her two babies one 2-1/2 the other only a year
In nothing but sagging dirty diapers crawling on their dying mother
For a moment the world stood still she so young in her twenties
And her lifeless body was there so still
Our kids were about the same age I couldn’t believe what I was seeing
I grabbed her babies brought them to my house changed and dressed them
At my house were my own children a 9, 7, 5, and 3 yrs. old
My daughter helped me make them something to eat
While next door my husband and her “friends” were on the phone with 911 operators
Those babies are losing their mother I kept thinking as they ate
This wasn’t the first time she partied all night this was a frequent occurrence
But now three kids were going to motherless because of it-she also had an 11 yr. old
I was thankful he wasn’t home at the time he would never get over seeing his mother laying there lifeless and blue I know I’ll never forget it
Her 2 yr. old was crying mama mama my heart broke for him…
I got some toys together and my kids started playing with her kids this helped calm them down
I shut the curtains when the ambulance pulled up
None of the kids needed to see her being taken out of the house
When they wheeled her out of the house my kids peeked out the curtain
This was a woman who was always sweet to them our kids played together
And now she was leaving this world
Soon after her family picked up her kids
This day sticks with me I sat my kids down and we talked about drug use and what it can lead to
Shortly after she got the hosp she died
She had a long history of drug use her heart was damaged
She didn’t want to be on drugs we talked once about how she wanted to go back to school
She had dreams that would now never be found
All because of a needle in her arm….

I hope she is a peace now 

No comments:

Post a Comment