Thursday, August 22, 2013

i will fight for it

I will fight for it
This war is not over
For me it’s just beginning
I’ve been taking shelter
Hiding in the fox hole
Taking blow after blow
Watching those around me fall
Too scared to enter the fight
But now I’m front and center
Standing in the front line
Ready to face the opposition
Gear in hand-I walk to the center of the battle field
I’ve taken so many hits and given a few
It’s going to be bad the casualties will be many
Lifeless bodies stretch across the field
But it’s not in vain
I’ve come to see this is a battle worth fighting
A war of necessity
After the bloodshed and smoke clears
I’ll be standing bullet ridden bloody standing in the center of the field
Looking at all the loss
Knowing I’m far from innocent in this
But realize this has been raging around me-my life
It would never end
Not until I entered the fight
Bloody and sweaty walking passed the fallen
Off the battle field looking at the freedom ahead

Realizing something’s really are worth fighting for

No comments:

Post a Comment